We at Stormy Kromer take your privacy concerns very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the types of information we gather about you when you visit our website, how we may use that information, and how we disclose it to third parties.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.stormykromer.com/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means.
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you (e.g., size information).
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies , web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of creating an account on our Website, subscribing to our blog, subscribing to our email list, registering your cap, chatting with us, posting material such as comments, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. For example, when you purchase a product from our Website, we ask you to provide information required to fulfill your order. We do not require you to create an account to place an order; you may place an order as a Guest. You will need to provide your name, email address, phone, payment method, shipping address, and billing address in order to process an order. Additionally, should you create an account with us, we’ll also require you to create a password.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (or, “posted”) on public areas of the Website (e.g., reviews of products), or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. We regularly aggregate our sales and market information based on our customers’ purchases and use this information to be certain that we are offering the right products at the right time. We like to understand what regions of the country buy more products from us, what products are the most popular, and generally how our business is doing. At no time is any personally identifiable information made available in these market aggregates.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). We do employ cookies (a cookie is a piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server, and stored on your hard drive) to allow your computer to use all the features on our Website, such as maintain products in your shopping cart as you explore various parts of our Website. Cookies also allow us to know if you have visited our site before or if you are a first time visitor. This provides us with important marketing information and lets us know how we are doing at both attracting new visitors and maintaining relationships with our existing customers. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of the Website may not work properly for you if you do so, including our online ordering mechanism. Should you wish not to accept cookies in your web browser, you may place an order with a customer representative at 1-888-455-2253.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
What We Do With What We Collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To contact you about or own goods and services that may be of interest to you. For example, occasionally, we make special offers available to our customers—promotions, sales, events, discounts, etc. You may periodically receive e-mail notifications from us regarding these special events and offers.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
As a stormykromer.com customer, your email address and phone number will never be rented or sold, except as indicated herein. If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications from us concerning special promotions, savings, events or other important information, simply use the “unsubscribe” link found in the footer of the email.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may share your identifying information with third parties with whom we have engaged to help us provide services requested by you. Also, we may share your identifying information among the Stormy Kromer family of companies, who may use your identifying information in the same ways as us. In the event of a sale, merger, corporate reorganization or similar transaction of some or all of our business, we may share your identifying information to the successor entity, and the successor entity may or may not use and protect identifying information in the same ways described in this policy. We may also share your identifying information if required to comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process, or if we believe it is necessary or desirable to share such information with a government entity. We may share your identifying information to protect our rights or property or if the rights of any third party are jeopardized. We may also share your information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, and/or with your consent.
Should you have questions about how we use your information, feel free to send us a message by visiting the Contact Us section of this Website.
Secure Online Ordering
We store all of the personal information you provide us when you create an account. If you place an order as a Guest, we store the information we require to fulfill your order. We, and any companies who help us with hosting and security, use a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help protect your information. However, there is no such thing as perfect security. You agree that we are not responsible for the unlawful actions of third parties or the consequences of such actions.
Your personal and credit card information is encrypted during transmission, and maintained in a secure database.
Updating Your Account Information
Registered users can update their account information at any time by logging into their account and following the steps to update their information. If you need help updating, correcting, or deleting your information, please visit the Contact Us section of this Website and send us a message or call a customer representative at 1-888-455-2253.
Links and Advertisers on This Site
This Website is intended for adults age 18 and older. I t’s not intended for or designed to attract people younger than age 18. We don’t permit registration by, nor do we collect personally identifiable information from, any person we actually know to be younger than 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us by visiting the Contact Us section of this Website.
This policy was last updated on June 10, 2020. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, and will post any changes to this policy on this page or a similar page of this website as soon as they go into effect. Please refer back to this policy on a regular basis.