Make your reservation today for the free Stormy Kromer Factory Tour
Back in 1903, the Original Stormy Kromer Cap was built with quality fabric, carefully handcrafted in the U.S. It was authentic, rugged and durable - perfect for George "Stormy" Kromer, a hard-working railroad engineer. After repeatedly losing his cap on the windy locomotive, he asked his wife Ida to make him a new one, with a snug, pulldown earband to keep it in place.
In 2001, the Jacquart family in Ironwood, Michigan, bought the company and brought Stormy Kromer to their thriving sewing factory - Jacquart Fabric Products. Today, we produce a full line of rugged American-made outdoor apparel and accessories that is sold all over the world. Our free factory tour brings you behind the scenes, and lets you see the hardworking men and women behind our iconic products.
- Reserved tours begin at 10:30 a.m. central time Monday - Friday.
- Tours are limited to 10 people per tour and you must make a reservation using the form on this page. You can also call us at 888-455-2253. We encourage you to make your reservation early to secure your spot.
- Tours last approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Masks optional.
- If you are not feeling well, out of respect for our employees and other visitors, please visit us at another time.
- Tours are family friendly.
- Service animals are welcome on the tour.
- Remember, this is a working factory with some loud machinery on the production floor.
- Tour concludes in our Factory Store.
Our Factory Store is open Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m and Saturdays 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. All times central.
The store includes our full line of caps, apparel and accessories, as well as great deals on discontinued styles & colors and factory seconds. (Pro tip: Most people have trouble finding the flaws on our seconds!)
Well-behaved and leashed pets are welcome in the factory store. We’ve also got plenty of parking – RVs are welcome!
While you’re here, take a picture in front of our Giant Cap Statue, feel free to use some of the picnic tables on our property, and let your pet stretch their legs (please pick up after them).
We are located in the Ironwood Industrial Park:
1238 Wall Street