Last winter, we agreed to outfit the Finlandia University Curling Club (in beautiful Hancock, Michigan) in Stormy Kromer caps. Their coach recently emailed us these great photos and this report from the 2013 College Curling Championships in Duluth, MN, March 8-10:
- Our team was ranked 7th in the nation after the event.
- Our national team upset the #1 ranked team in the country during the initial round-robin.
- Our other 2 teams placed 2nd in the “C” pool and 1st in the “D” pool of the event.
- Our Stormy Kromers were asked about constantly during our appearance, and the students proudly stated where they were from and what kind of hat it was.
- We were one of the best uniformed teams at the nationals…partly thanks to the Kromers!
- The event coordinators, other teams and coaches, and observers stated to me and the team, that: “Finlandia Curling Club showed the epitome of what respect, sportsmanship, fellowship and team is all about.”
- Going in, everyone was asking where and who Finlandia University was…no one really knew.
- Going out, our team gained respect for our club, the individuals and the University and look forward to the 2014 College Curling Championship!
Our hats are off to these great young men and women for representing their team, school, sport and the Upper Peninsula so well. You’re all legends in our book!